Let the off season begin…

Let the off season begin…

Although it was short lived, my first taste of playoff baseball has left me hungry for more and as I watch the Giants take a 3-1 lead in the world series one might ponder what could have been. But for me the experience is one I will never forget and one i’m sure will be repeated in braves country next year ( hopefully a month longer )

Enough of that.

After a week of hugs and goodbyes my fiance and I ( yes fiance ) made the short 24 hour trek from Atlanta to Melbourne Australia where i was met with a flurry of media and fan fair LMAO. To be honest nobody even knows who I am down here, so my arrival was very quiet I was however, met by a customs officer who took a liking to my chewing tobacco. You see skoal is not something that is readily available in the land down under so as you can imagine a three month supply was sure to catch the attention of the x-ray machine, so what followed was a 30 min negotiation that involved me trying to prove that I am a Major League Baseball player and not a smoke shop owner trying to bring in new products. Great start to my homecoming!!!!

Two people who I know were happy I was home were my beautiful girls Montana and Matisse. I am sure every parent knows, nothing compares to the excitement you feel when you know you are about to see your kids for the first time in a while. I am also sure not a lot of parents spent as much time away from there kids as me. Living on seperate ends of the world makes visiting a little tough. So imagine the joy I feel knowing I get to spent 3 months just a few miles away.

Offseason update number 1 guys stay tuned for more riveting info to follow.

31 Comments

1. Some of us knew who you were. While your here you would be very welcome at Geelong Baycats Baseball club friday nights are for the kids 5.30-6.30 we had Greame Lloyd there last week. Would love to have a current player.

Nick / 01 Nov 2010 / 7:49 pm / Reply

• Thanks Nick. All the best to the Baycats for this season.

Moylo / 02 Nov 2010 / 1:08 am / Reply

2. Peter, Thanks for another great season of Braves baseball. You clearly are a hard working player and we the fans, appreciate all your efforts! Enjoy the offseason and we'll be rooting you on in 2011. Go Braves! Matt (Braves fan in San Francisco)

Matt / 02 Nov 2010 / 7:23 am / Reply

3. Enjoy the off season at home with the family. Look forward to blog updates.

Jason / 02 Nov 2010 / 7:28 am / Reply

4. Hey Peter, have a great offseason and take it easy as much as you can. You guys did an awesome job this year, this was one of the most fun Braves seasons I can ever remember.

Daniel / 02 Nov 2010 / 7:28 am / Reply

5. Enjoy your offseason Pete! Is it summer down under? Looking forward to 2011 Braves baseball!

Bravefaninok / 02 Nov 2010 / 7:29 am / Reply

6. Always nice to get back home, being a truck driver I can relate somewhat... Enjoy your time there and rest assured, you have a rabid fan base back here in the southern U.S. We'll get'em next year mate!

ISH / 02 Nov 2010 / 7:38 am / Reply

7. Peter, Enjoy your break and your children. We look forward to seeing you play again next year!

Anthony / 02 Nov 2010 / 7:41 am / Reply

8. Glad you are now able to relax at home. Have a good offseason!

Erika / 02 Nov 2010 / 7:52 am / Reply

9. Good stuff Pete. When I played college baseball, I was once nearly given a cavity search in the airport (this was less than a month after 9-11) when I had forgotten I had an old empty can of skoal in my cargo pants pocket and the metal detector kept going off.

Casey / 02 Nov 2010 / 7:56 am / Reply

10. When your done at Geelong and back in the states, stop by Athens GA. We'll show you a good time, Pete.

Lenny / 02 Nov 2010 / 8:00 am / Reply

11. Congrats on a good season. A few things fall in place for the braves and who knows what would have been, but that's baseball. It must be nice to get to see your kids again. I couldn't imagine being gone from my to boys for as long as you had to. I enjoyed the blog, keep them coming.

okiebravo / 02 Nov 2010 / 8:07 am / Reply

12. Left a message and a query at your e-mail slot. Best of luck for 2010 and beyond. Thanx for all your great work as a BRAVE.

richbrave / 02 Nov 2010 / 8:11 am / Reply

• Hi Richbrave, thanks for the email and the message. Could you send it again? We had some issues with that form, which we've just fixed up. Cheers.

Moylo / 02 Nov 2010 / 4:05 pm / Reply

• Not sure what site means being an old fart and not particularly understanding of electronic communication.

richbrave / 04 Nov 2010 / 2:27 pm / Reply

13. Any interest in cricket? Bet you were in much better mood arriving back than the cricket team.

cricket / 02 Nov 2010 / 8:33 am / Reply

14. Hey Peter! I just wanna say that I was hoping you'd turn out to be a successful player when you were signed after the World Baseball Classic and I'm glad you haven't disappointed

tyler / 02 Nov 2010 / 8:52 am / Reply

15. Pete, be careful what you wish for. Just found out about your blog from Dave O'B at his ajc blog. You're going to be very busy on here in the offseason with us diehard Braves fans who have found another place to talk Braves baseball! Had the occasion to meet you personally a couple of years ago when you and Matty D were "volunteered" to play with the women at Baseball 101 down at Turner Field. You and Matt were stationed in the batting cages. When it was my turn over on your cage, I did my "lean back" Diaz impression. You stopped everything, hollered at Matt and made me do it again! You guys were funnier than Abbott and Costello. Heard that you keep the clubhouse and bullpen fun places to be with your upbeat personality. You and Huddy must be a formidable pair in terms of yuks per minute. Also have heard about the 'roo 'nads through Dave O'B, saw your tats in ChopTalk and watched your every mound appearance throughout the year. Thanks for all your hard work and effort. Lots of confidence from this side of the keyboard when that bullpen door opens and you head to the mound. Got the bases loaded and need a double play on a grounder, got runners at 1st and 3rd with 2 outs, no problem..........# 58 can induce whatever is need to get back to the dugout with no scroring. Enjoy your time with your girls, they grow up so quickly, but thanks for the sacrifice to work in Atlanta. Big question to start with: what's your take on your new manager, Fredi and the change in coaches? I think his choice will make a great transition from the Cox era.

Choppinmama / 02 Nov 2010 / 10:04 am / Reply

16. Heard you are going to pitch with the Melbourne Aces, do you always pitch with another team in the off season? Good Luck!

snes / 02 Nov 2010 / 10:16 am / Reply

17. Enjoy your time off Peter you have certainly earned it. glad to see your blogging and on twitter now. Reading what all you guys are up to will get me through the winter. I miss baseball already!

Neal / 02 Nov 2010 / 10:17 am / Reply

18. You need to travel with some of your baseball cards in your wallet that you can whip out and prove that "See, I AM somebody in Atlanta."

Choppinmama / 02 Nov 2010 / 10:41 am / Reply

19. Hope to see you in a Braves uni next year Peter!!! Your the man! Have a good offseason!

Nick Jones / 02 Nov 2010 / 11:29 am / Reply

20. Hi Peter! :). Big fan! I just wanted to say hi, and best of luck next season! :). I love watching you pitch! I play for the Junior Varsity softball team at my school! Can't wait until our season starts! I've been counting down the days! :). I know how you feel! It's a long off-season! Again, best of luck next season! :). -Melissa

Melissa / 02 Nov 2010 / 12:13 pm / Reply

21. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Mark Bowman, Peter Moylan. Peter Moylan said: Just managed my very first blog post. let the games begin. http://bit.ly/9pcYYO [...]

Tweets that mention Peter Moylan | Let the off season begin… -- Topsy.com / 02 Nov 2010 / 2:05 pm / Reply

22. Good stuff Peter. Love that you started this up, been a big fan of yours for several years now. Huge Braves fan all the way out here in Seattle and love the work you have done out of the bullpen. Keep it up, enjoy the offseason back home and let's get back to the playoffs next year.

Brian H / 02 Nov 2010 / 2:37 pm / Reply

23. Hey Peter, any comments on dancing naked to techno music? Hahaha I couldn't resist. Have a great offseason

rob / 02 Nov 2010 / 3:09 pm / Reply

24. Hey Peter great season for you and the Braves. And oh yeh Metallica rules.

Danny / 03 Nov 2010 / 12:43 am / Reply

25. So do you expect the Braves to sign you before you hit arbitration? I hope so man, if there was ever one constant coming out of that pen, it was you and Wags. Too bad Wags didnt listen to you and stay another year. Guy was DOMINANT!

Jon / 03 Nov 2010 / 5:18 am / Reply

26. Pete congrats on the good year with the Braves. I must ask though why are you playing with the Aces and not your native Heat i remember back in the Gosnells days mate. All the best for the ABL season, Im living in Brisbane now and will be going to the Aces series against the Bandits hope to catch up there.

Gavin Pascoe / 17 Nov 2010 / 7:30 am / Reply