INSANITY! 3 down, 57 to go.

INSANITY! 3 down, 57 to go.

If, like me you spend sleepless nights watching late night infomercials you may have stumbled upon a new workout program called INSANITY!! picture 8 minutes abs for your whole rig ( rig is an aussie colloquial term for body ). I knew it was going to be a bit of a challenge given my love of food, not to mention have what doctors refer to as a it of a weight problem, but I wanted to do something different this offseason.

DAY 1: Fitness test or as I have re named it WHAT THE F@#$ HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO. Within 2 minutes I was ready to puke but to my credit, if i do say so myself, i stuck it out.

DAY 2: First full workout OMG picture a 31 year old heavy man who doesn’t like to run AT ALL bouncing and kicking my way around the lounge room (moobs flying everywhere)  to the voice of my new worst enemy SEAN T. Again after a few breaks I managed to get through it.

DAY 3: I know all of you can relate to this, you start working out for the first time in a while, you push a little to hard and wake up slightly sore. Well I woke up and assumed my new fiance had found a reason to paralyze me over night. Holy S%$# I swear i thought my career was over. I thought I was in ok shape but SEAN is showing me that I am not. I did as much as i could for day 3 but it was embarrassing, luckily tomorrow is a recovery day.

If you wanna check it out go to getinsanity.com . Just so you know the puddle of sweat that I assumed was a prop in the promo video became reality for me today. TRY IF YOU DARE.

Tattoo Update

Give the master Brandon Bond @  all or nothing some props guys, we finally got a chance to work on my pitching arm before I left. Only because I am such a committed Brave that I dont get any work done during the season ( thanks for the advise Roger). Just a quick splash of color with more to come. What do you think??

28 Comments

1. Sick tats Pete, too bad you have to cover them up during the season, might make you pretty intimidating on the mound with all those tats blaring. Maybe get some face piercings as well, lol. No one would want to ever face you again. Not in the back alleys or off the mound. :) By the way, moobs, had me laughing my ass off.

Jon / 03 Nov 2010 / 5:14 am / Reply

2. Dude, I know just what you mean with those crazy workout videos. That's so funny; I had exactly the same experience with one of Jillian Michaels' DVDs. I seriously thought I was going to die, and then the next morning I wished that I had.

Erin / 03 Nov 2010 / 5:51 am / Reply

3. The waves on the tattoo came out GREAT! They remind me of Sublime's Badfish art + Hokusai's Great Wave off Kanagawa.

Lidia Camacho / 03 Nov 2010 / 5:58 am / Reply

4. Firstly: MOOBS!!!! Secondly: The tattoos are an AMAZING piece of work.

Kali / 03 Nov 2010 / 6:24 am / Reply

5. Hey Pete, I'm lovin' the blog, good work mate! Speaking of mate, I was just Down Under visiting a friend in Melbourne. Anyway, we're both huge Braves fans (waking up at 9 in the morning to watch a game is a pretty great way to start the day...unless we lost of course). We were both wondering how, in a country that seems so far away from baseball, could you become good enough to pitch at the Major League level? I read your wikipedia but it doesn't really say how you got into baseball at a young age and what that's like growing up in Australia. Maybe you could add that to your bio! Thanks, and keep firin' bullets.

Jake / 03 Nov 2010 / 6:50 am / Reply

6. Yeah, you gotta be careful with those man-boobs... Maybe a sports bra would be advantagious... hehehe... That's too funny cuz, love the ink... peace...

ISH / 03 Nov 2010 / 7:24 am / Reply

7. lol, moob. Greatness

Martin / 03 Nov 2010 / 7:43 am / Reply

8. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Stephanie Morton and Phillip Fancher, Peter Moylan. Peter Moylan said: Offseason workouts and new tattoo work... http://bit.ly/aOHVCb [...]

Tweets that mention Peter Moylan | INSANITY! 3 down, 57 to go. -- Topsy.com / 03 Nov 2010 / 7:47 am / Reply

9. Guess he just needs to get a 'Bro' or a 'Manzier' :)

Jon / 03 Nov 2010 / 8:51 am / Reply

• Buying of the manzier.........

Moylo / 05 Nov 2010 / 10:45 pm / Reply

10. Jeremy H. / 03 Nov 2010 / 10:05 am / Reply

• Not that I think the shake weight wont work but COME ON!!!!!!

Moylo / 05 Nov 2010 / 10:44 pm / Reply

11. Recovery day isn't as easy going as it sounds, because its Cardio Recovery...best day to look forward to: day 7 - OFF day

Dave / 04 Nov 2010 / 8:48 am / Reply

• Made it man!!!! this is going to be the best off day of my life

Moylo / 05 Nov 2010 / 10:43 pm / Reply

12. Maybe there's an undiscovered weight loss property to Roo Nads that no one has discovered yet.

Lew / 04 Nov 2010 / 8:52 am / Reply

13. just wait until you get to the workout were Sean T yells "C'mon yall...LETS GO!!!" Nothing like watching a dude that's in way better shape than you are struggle to do the same crap you are attempting to do...good thing you do these videos in the privacy of your own home, that way at least its only the ones that "love" us that are pointing and laughing.

ImaB22 / 04 Nov 2010 / 8:57 am / Reply

14. Great "Tommy Boy" reference Pete.

Tim / 04 Nov 2010 / 8:58 am / Reply

15. I'm on my 2nd round of this. Advice: Work out on a soft surface (carpet). It will kill your joints. Shocked me they were on a basketball floor doing the work out.

Andrew S. / 04 Nov 2010 / 10:03 am / Reply

• Call me soft but i bought a yoga mat!!!

Moylo / 05 Nov 2010 / 10:41 pm / Reply

16. Nice art-work dude. Being a cyber unsophisticate, I'll phrase my query from the other day here and now. In retrospect, do you think you returned to full-time work in '09 in a timely fashion, or would a bit more rest (say MAY or JUNE) better suited your needs?

richbrave / 04 Nov 2010 / 2:33 pm / Reply

• Hey Richbrave, to be honest there wasnt anything or anyone that was gonna stop me from coming back early. My numbers might suggest I should have waited but after 11 months out of the game i was drooling at the chance to pitch again......

Moylo / 05 Nov 2010 / 10:38 pm / Reply

17. Hey Pete. I got INSANITY thinking I was going to get back in shape. I made it through the fitness test on day one after a lot of breaks. After it was over I laid on the floor wondering if I was ever going to breath again and eventually fell asleep for a half hour, waking up to my fiance laughing at me. Now it just sits on the fireplace mantel Keep it up.

Dale / 04 Nov 2010 / 7:29 pm / Reply

• Hi Dale made it to the first day off tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! My fiance is doing it with me hahahah what a nut

Moylo / 05 Nov 2010 / 10:40 pm / Reply

18. That's great Peter, but Jon is spot on. Mean Peter.

CalifornianBrave / 05 Nov 2010 / 12:49 am / Reply

19. One video Sean T. Lays down on the floor after a round of exercises and says "This SH!# is Bananas!". Have fun with that one. I think its Cardio Power and resistance.

TimJ / 05 Nov 2010 / 8:32 am / Reply

20. I just visited the website for INSANITY and it quite frankly scared the piss out of me. Way to be brave and hang in there, the aforementioned moobs don't stand a chance lol.

Kristen / 05 Nov 2010 / 4:57 pm / Reply

21. So, I couldn't have said it better myself. I often find myself saying after an Insanity workout "EFF YOU SEAN T!!!" It's a killer, for sure, but even through the pain, I some what enjoy it :-) Now I just need to get back in to it. Oh and another person was right, that recovery day workout, isn't so relaxing. Good luck!

BravesJCB / 09 Nov 2010 / 12:03 pm / Reply

22. There are times that i dont read more than two lines but i think you can add some value. Grats !

Delphia Gehm / 13 Dec 2010 / 10:05 am / Reply