Recovery Week

Recovery Week

So recovery week started today which was exciting, I thought it would be a bunch of stretching and laying on the ground breathing. I WAS WRONG, I sweat just as much as the regular workout and from what I have heard they only get worse next month, Oh goodie. Not to worry people i’m still working hard, I think I am one good spray tan away from looking pretty good. LOL

As you may have read I also started throwing this week, It’s the worse time of year as you try and blow through 6 weeks of not throwing in 1 day. It is hard word but I am happy to report my arm feels reasonably good considering. The plan is to throw 3 – 4 times a week for 2 weeks then 4 – 5 times for 2 weeks and gradually get used to throwing everyday before I get back on the hill. It will be spring training before we know it.

Now I am a little apprehensive about this but I have decided to buy a house in Atlanta. Let me explain, Everyone who has decided to buy a house in the ATL has either been traded or released. Tyler Yates, Joey Devine, Kyle Davies, Chuck James, Rafeal Soriano and the list goes on. I hope to break the trend. So Sandy Springs here I come.

9 Comments

1. Will you be pitching for the Aces anytime soon? Tried to go to some games last weekend but the rain was brutal!

Melb Braves / 29 Nov 2010 / 2:59 pm / Reply

2. well peter... ive been thinking.. i keep thinking about what chipper said about you walking around the weight room in your birthday suit.. and thats just gross... but anyways.. i realized that you are really doing all these workouts so that you can impress dan uggla when he sees you naked next year... nice.. dude... nice..

Avery / 29 Nov 2010 / 3:08 pm / Reply

3. I live near Sandy Springs bro. Let me know if you need someone to take you out for a beer.

Alex / 29 Nov 2010 / 3:11 pm / Reply

4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Alaina Smothers and Butterfly Internet, Peter Moylan. Peter Moylan said: New blog update! It's recovery week.... and thoughts of a new home.... http://bit.ly/hWELzZ [...]

Tweets that mention Peter Moylan | Recovery Week -- Topsy.com / 29 Nov 2010 / 3:37 pm / Reply

5. Break the trend moy! Marietta is a good place to live to. I'm the kid that you brought on the caravan bus in marietta. That was so awesome, thanks again.

Caravan kid / 29 Nov 2010 / 3:46 pm / Reply

6. That's a scary trend you're attempting to break. Hopefully it goes well!

Kali / 29 Nov 2010 / 4:37 pm / Reply

7. Hopefully that won't be the case! The team wouldn't be the same without you, Pete. Maybe you'll break that trend. You should get your own reality show like Brian Wilson. Would definitely be interesting! From what I've seen of Sandy Springs so far, which hasn't been a lot yet, it seems like a really nice place to live. I'll be seeing more of it when I go up there in January for college. Everyone I've talked to that's been up there or that knows someone that lives there says it's very nice.

Leah / 29 Nov 2010 / 5:15 pm / Reply

8. in Sandy Springs their is a Japanese place called Kobe Steakhouse, it's really awesome.

matt / 01 Dec 2010 / 4:15 pm / Reply

9. Moy! Moy! Peter, my wife and I spent much of the home season sitting right by the bullpen this year. That is one great set of guys, starting with Eddie. I saw a lot of love for the fans. As one of the veterans, I just thought you earned a quick 'attaboy' for your personable and approachable attitude, which clearly rubbed off on Venters, Cristian, and Chavez before his trade. Looking forward to seeing your crazy delivery back on the mound for the Braves next year!

Zach / 05 Dec 2010 / 4:37 pm / Reply